MINI-GRANT FOR COMMUNITY BASED HEALTH PROJECTS
The purposes of the Inland Empire Nurses Association (IENA) are to:
- Work for the improvement and availability of health standards and the availability of health care
services for all people.
- Foster high standards of professional nursing.
- Stimulate and promote the professional development of nurses.
IENA members are encouraged to actively participate in community based projects that can result in a positive impact in one or more of these areas. If you have an idea for a project that could meet a health need in the IENA area then you are eligible to apply for a Mini-Grant. Up to three grants not to exceed $500 each will be awarded each fiscal year.
The project must:
- Address a current health need in the area served by the IENA.
- Involve the participation of at least one member of IENA.
- Include collaboration with at least one local non-profit 501(c) (3) organization and/or other
- Involve participation of nursing students, registered nurses, and/or other health care
professionals, if possible.
- Present a Bicycle Safety Awareness program and use funds to purchase bike helmets for disadvantaged children.
- Collaborate with a homeless shelter to provide health services to clients.
- Organize and present a Health Fair for families at risk or underserved.
- Coordinate a Health Education seminar at a local Senior Center.
NOTE: Funds may not be used to lobby government officials or influence legislation.
Please use the Application on the next two pages to apply for a Mini-Grant. Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. The required information should be submitted electronically to the IENA office email address.
For more information contact the IENA Office at:
Inland Empire Nurses Association
222 West Mission Avenue, Suite 231
Spokane, WA 99201
Email address: admin@IENAnurses.org
2017 Winners of $1,000: Jamie Abrahamson, BSN, FNP Student, Gonzaga University; Teresa Bigand, MSN, PhD Student, Washington State University; Annalisa Brombach, BS, ADN Student, Spokane Community College; Elena Butov, ADN, RN, BSN Student, Boise State University; Cassandra Dubbels, BSN, FNP Student, Gonzaga University.
2016 Winners of $1,000: Jennifer Banks, ADN Student, Spokane Community College; Christina Duncan, BSN, MSN/DNP Student, WSU College of Nursing; Anna Nedashkovskiy, ADN Student, Spokane Community College; Allesondra Straggi, ADN Student, Spokane Community College; Valeriy Titov, ADN Student, Spokane Community College.
2015 Winners of $1,000: Ruth Bryant, MS, RN, CWOCN, PhD Student, WSU; Wendy Buenzli, PhD, RN, Univ of Southern Mississippi; Aaron Roberts, RN, BSN, DNP Student, WSU; and Amber Hambrecht, RN, BSN Student, Gonzaga University.
2014 Winners of $1,000: Cameron Good, RN, BSN, DNP/FNP Student, WSU; Bobbi Woodward, RN, BSN, FNP Student, WSU; Rachel Inman, RN, BSN, FNP Student, Gonzaga University; Tiffany Palmer, BSN Student, Gonzaga University.
2013 Winners of $1,000: Rhianna Brady, WSU BSN Student; Rebecca Clark, Chamberlain College BSN Student; Christiana Link, Spokane Community College RN and Student.
2012 Winners of $1,000: Katrina Harris, WSU BSN Student; Todd Demars, WSU BSN Student; Awet Berhe, WSU BSN Student.
2011 Winners of $1,000: Alison Houchin, BSN, RN, FNP-S; and Kathryn Ormsby, RN, MSN.
2010 Winners of $1,500: Peggy Slider and Kristina Benefield.